Close Menu
Hang Cosmetics
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
    Saturday, August 22
    Hang Cosmetics
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram YouTube
    • Home
    • Beauty Tips
    • Beauty Trends
    • Hair Care
    • Makeup
    • Skin Care
    • Fashion
    Hang Cosmetics
    Home»Beauty Trends»Conde Nast Reaches $400,000 Settlement with Three Fired Staffers
    Beauty Trends

    Conde Nast Reaches $400,000 Settlement with Three Fired Staffers

    completebodyneeds@gmail.comBy completebodyneeds@gmail.comMay 28, 2026No Comments3 Mins Read
    Facebook Twitter Pinterest LinkedIn Tumblr Email
    Share
    Facebook Twitter LinkedIn Pinterest Email

    Conde Nast agreed to a $400,000-plus settlement with three out of four former employees who were fired after confronting chief people officer Stan Duncan last fall about layoffs at the company.

    Following what the NewsGuild of New York described as a “march on the boss,” Bon Appetit’s Alma Avalle, Conde Nast Entertainment’s Ben Dewey, The New Yorker’s Jasper Lo and Wired’s Jake Lahut lost their jobs last fall and five other staffers were suspended. The NewsGuild of New York then filed grievances, as well as Unfair Labor Practice charges at the National Labor Relations Board in support of the four workers and five other employees, who had been suspended.

    A Conde Nast spokesperson did not respond immediately to a request for comment Wednesday evening.

    The impacted union workers at Conde Nast were also supported by NewsGuild of New York’s parent union, Communications Workers of America, through a member relief fund.

    As part of the settlement, the three fired workers were reinstated so that they could resign from their posts and be given letters of recommendation. Their disciplinary records were also expunged, according to the union. The former workers had spoken out regarding layoffs at Wired and other titles, as well as the consolidation of Teen Vogue, according to the NewsGuild of New York. A video of the foursome confronting Duncan at the door to his office at One World Trade Center was widely circulated after the incident in November. 

    In a statement, Lo, a former senior fact checker at The New Yorker, said, “We fought because we had to, because so much of an equitable future as workers and journalists depends on our combined efforts to resist inhumane treatment.”

    The NewsGuild of New York said Conde Nast’s actions violated their contractual Just Cause protections and federal labor law to engage in protected concerted activity as workers, according to a release from NewsGuild of New York.

    Lahut, a former political writer at Wired, declined his settlement deal. In a post on “X,” Lahut said, “I’m so stoked for the rest of the Fired Four getting this deal. Conde is giving them nearly two years of backpay. They offered me 4 months. In the absence of a serious offer, I’m looking forward to my day in court.”

    He could not be immediately reached for further comment Wednesday evening.

    The NewsGuild of New York’s president Susan DeCarava said in a statement, “Our fight as a union is about more than a single contract; it is about ensuring workers’ rights to a just workplace.”

    Share. Facebook Twitter Pinterest LinkedIn Tumblr Email
    Previous Article8 Best Body Oils for Soft, Supple Skin and a Touch of Shine
    Next Article How the Best Peptides Skin Care Can Deliver Botox-Like Results
    completebodyneeds@gmail.com
    • Website

    Related Posts

    Paolo Riva Leaving the Exemplar Luxury Group

    August 11, 2026

    Ossie Clark, Celia Birtwell Show to be Staged at Fashion and Textile Museum

    August 11, 2026

    Kristen Stewart Goes Edgy in Alex Perry for ‘The Tonight Show’

    August 11, 2026
    Leave A Reply Cancel Reply

    Recent Posts
    • Global Cosmetics News – Weekly Review | Week 34, August 2026
    • Coty returns to sales growth as Coty.Curated strategy moves into execution
    • IT Cosmetics retreats from China with closure of sole e-commerce channel
    • MCoBeauty and Cadbury cross categories with beauty collaboration
    • Estée Lauder partners with University of Leeds to advance complexion shade matching

    Subscribe to Updates

    Get the latest creative news from FooBar about art, design and business.

    Global Cosmetics News – Weekly Review | Week 34, August 2026

    August 22, 2026

    Coty returns to sales growth as Coty.Curated strategy moves into execution

    August 21, 2026

    IT Cosmetics retreats from China with closure of sole e-commerce channel

    August 21, 2026

    MCoBeauty and Cadbury cross categories with beauty collaboration

    August 21, 2026
    About

    Welcome to Hang Cosmetics, your trusted destination for reliable, practical, and up-to-date information on all things beauty. Our mission is simple: to provide expert beauty guides and natural solutions tailored specifically for you. Finding accurate product knowledge can be overwhelming, so we focus on delivering clear, well-researched content that supports your everyday skincare and makeup routines.

    We're social, connect with us:

    Facebook X (Twitter) Pinterest YouTube WhatsApp
    Our Picks

    Global Cosmetics News – Weekly Review | Week 34, August 2026

    August 22, 2026

    What’s that smell? It’s Akigalawood

    April 26, 2026

    ‘The Devil Wears Prada 2’ is collaborating with fashion and beauty

    April 26, 2026
    Most Popular

    The beauty industry welcomes a flood of new peptide products

    April 26, 2026

    What’s that smell? It’s Akigalawood

    April 26, 2026

    ‘The Devil Wears Prada 2’ is collaborating with fashion and beauty

    April 26, 2026
    Copyright © 2026 Designed by Suhaj.
    • About Us
    • Contact Us
    • Privacy Policy
    • Terms & Conditions
    • Disclaimer

    Type above and press Enter to search. Press Esc to cancel.